|Cooking Longhorn Brisket|
Tips for cooking a Longhorn Brisket.
Texas Longhorn Brisket is very healthy. The suggestions below will help you preserve the healthy and delicious flavor of your longhorn beef brisket. These cooking instructions also work very well with store bought brisket.
* Defrost in the refrigerator 24 hours. The quality of your beef will suffer if defrosted to quickly.
* This is the dry rub recipe that my wife Barb's mother developed, Dorothy DeWolf.
We have used it for years with great success.
* Pat the brisket dry with a paper towel, brush lightly with olive oil, and season generously with the brisket rub. Rub all over and into the meat.
* Preheat oven or smoker to 425 F. Place meat on smoker rack with fat side up and the big end facing the fire box, cook for one hour, then drop your heat back to 200 - 250 F. for one hour per lbs. of brisket minus one hour.
* You can create different flavors by using or combining different types of wood in your fire box. We use primarily Oak and Mesquite, but love it when we can find some Pecan, or Apple wood to smoke our meat. Have fun and experiment!
* Remove brisket from smoker or oven and let it rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Please call or email Longhorn questions to: email@example.com
K9 BRAND Cattle Co.
Dean & Barb Colley
550 Camino De Rancho
Wimberley, TX. 78676
last updated 12/10/13
2002-2014 All material on this site, by K9 BRAND Cattle Co. All rights
Pricing subject to change without notice.